COMTO Mission Statement
The mission of COMTO is to ensure a level playing field and maximum participation in the transportation industry for minority individuals, businesses and communities of color through advocacy, information sharing, training, education and professional development.
Kim Avery, President,
P.O. Box 32439
Detroit, MI 48232
Welcome to COMTO Michigan
Our mission is to ensure opportunities and maximize participation in the transportation industry for minority individuals, businesses, and communities of color, through advocacy, information sharing, training, education, and professional development in the state of Michigan.
COMTO Michigan will serve as an advocate for an effective and efficient multi-modal transportation network for all in Michigan.
The Value of Membership
COMTO Michigan strives to enhance the quality of life for our members and local community by providing:
1. A network of transportation business opportunities.
2. Strong national and local political advocacy.
3. Access to career enhancement opportunities.
4. Training and educational programs that qualify for continuing education units (CEUs, PDHs, etc.) and industry certifications.
5. Mentoring from executive level transportation officials.
6. Scholarship opportunities for high school, college, and graduate students interested in transportation careers.
COMTO Michigan membership includes individuals, groups, transportation agencies (The Ride, MDOT, DDOT, SMART, RTA), private sector corporations (Transportation Consultants, Construction Contractors), non-profit organizations (TRU), Disadvantaged Business Enterprises, and small businesses.
Application and Benefits
Please visit COMTO National's membership page to become a COMTO Member today!